The Hilltop Star Online

The Student News Site of Passaic High School

The Hilltop Star Online

The Hilltop Star Online

Empowering Youth Voices: ‘Rise Above’ Takes 2nd Place at Passaic County Film Festival

Last Saturday marked a significant achievement for the collaborative efforts of Passaic High School’s Teen Pep and the Ms. Spiegeland’s TV2 class as their project, “Rise Above,” secured the 2nd Place position in the PSA category at the Passaic County Film Festival. This success not only underscores the talent and dedication of the young filmmakers but also highlights the importance of amplifying youth voices in societal conversations.

“Rise Above” emerged as a powerful testament to the impact of collaboration and creativity. Bringing together the insights and perspectives of Teen Pep alongside the technical skills honed in the TV2 class, the project transcended conventional boundaries, resonating with audiences and judges alike.

The PSA category, known for its ability to provoke thought and inspire action, provided the perfect platform for “Rise Above” to shine. Addressing pressing issues facing today’s youth with authenticity and sincerity, the project captured the attention of the festival attendees and garnered recognition for its compelling narrative and innovative approach.

This achievement is a testament to the importance of providing platforms for young voices to be heard and celebrated. By championing initiatives like the Passaic County Film Festival, communities can empower youth to express themselves creatively and address critical issues affecting their lives.

As “Rise Above” continues to inspire and spark conversation, its success serves as a reminder of the transformative power of storytelling and the potential of young people to drive meaningful change in their communities. Through collaboration, creativity, and unwavering determination, they truly can rise above challenges and make a lasting impact on the world around them.