The Hilltop Star Online

The Student News Site of Passaic High School

The Hilltop Star Online

The Hilltop Star Online

Passaic High School Successfully Hosts 2024 Drill Championship

Passaic High School proudly hosted the 2024 Areas 1, 2, and 3 Drill Championship this past Saturday, a prestigious event that annually brings together high schools from Maine to Pennsylvania, as well as those in Italy and Germany with NJROTC Programs.

This year’s championship drew an impressive crowd, with over 900 guests in attendance to witness the intense competition. The primary objective of the event is to select one or two finalists who will go on to represent the region at the nationwide Drill Competition in Pensacola, FL.

Passaic High School, for the first time in its history, was chosen to host the championship, a testament to the school’s commitment to excellence and the tremendous support received from the entire district. The successful execution of this event was made possible through the collaborative efforts of students, staff, and the community.

The participating high schools included Brewster, Chambersburg, Colts Neck, Delaware Military Academy, Linden, Military Academy of Science and Technology, Notre Dame, Riverhead, Southold, TR Proctor, and Passaic.

Passaic High School’s drill team demonstrated exceptional skills and dedication, securing notable placements in various categories. The Passaic team achieved 2nd place in Color Guard, 2nd place in drone competition, and 3rd place in military uniform inspection. These achievements highlight the hard work and proficiency of the Passaic team members, bringing pride to the school and the entire community.

The Areas 1, 2, and 3 Drill Championship not only serves as a platform for friendly competition but also fosters camaraderie and teamwork among the participating high schools. As Passaic High School looks back on a successful hosting experience, the focus now shifts to the next level of competition in Pensacola, where the chosen finalists will proudly represent the region on a national stage.