The Hilltop Star Online

The Student News Site of Passaic High School

The Hilltop Star Online

The Hilltop Star Online

Celebrating Passaic County’s Unsung Heroes, Including Passaic High School’s Own Desiree Santana

In recognition of outstanding students, the Passaic County Education Associations (PCEA), in conjunction with the Passaic County School Boards Association (PCSBA), initiated the commendable community program titled “Unsung Heroes.”

Every high school across the county was invited to nominate a student deserving of accolades for their exceptional deeds. Nominees were honored with tokens of gratitude during the ceremony, graciously provided by the PCEA. Furthermore, they received certificates of recognition from both the PCSBA and the Passaic County commissioners.

Among the notable recipients was our very own Desiree Santana from Passaic High School. Her exceptional contributions exemplified the spirit of the program, showcasing remarkable character and extraordinary leadership within her school community. Additionally, the “Unsung Heroes” program extended acknowledgment to students who have bravely confronted challenges such as loss, injury, or cultural barriers. Profiles meticulously crafted by school administrators and teachers highlighted the significant impact of each nominee, including Desiree Santana’s noteworthy achievements.