The Hilltop Star Online

The Student News Site of Passaic High School

The Hilltop Star Online

The Hilltop Star Online

Passaic NJROTC Holds Change of Command Ceremony

Students, staff, and family members gathered on Thursday, April 11, 2024, to witness the NJROTC Change of Command ceremony at Passaic High Schools. The ceremony marked the transition of leadership within the unit as graduating seniors handed over the reins to newly selected cadets.

The Change of Command ceremony holds significant importance within the Passaic NJROTC community, symbolizing the passing of responsibility and authority from one generation of cadets to the next. As the graduating seniors step down, the newly selected cadets assume the mantle of leadership, poised to guide and train the rest of the team in the upcoming year.

Amidst the transition of leadership, the ceremony also served as a platform to recognize the outstanding achievements of various individuals within the Passaic NJROTC community. Graduating seniors were acknowledged for their dedication and contributions to the unit throughout their tenure.

Additionally, special recognition was extended to students who received college acceptance letters, marking a significant milestone in their academic journey. Furthermore, students who have chosen to serve their country by joining the US Armed Forces were honored for their commitment and patriotism.

Highlighting excellence within the unit, top-performing cadets for the school year 2023-2024 were commended for their exemplary performance and dedication to the core values of the NJROTC program.

The Change of Command ceremony not only signifies a change in leadership but also serves as a moment of reflection and celebration of achievements within the Passaic NJROTC community. As the newly appointed cadets prepare to embark on their leadership journey, they carry with them the legacy of excellence and commitment instilled by their predecessors.