The Hilltop Star Online

The Student News Site of Passaic High School

The Hilltop Star Online

The Hilltop Star Online

PHS Partners with NAACP For African American Flag Raising Ceremony

Amidst the vibrant backdrop of Passaic City Hall, the spirit of unity and pride was palpable as students from various clubs came together to partake in an unforgettable flag raising ceremony. Members of SWAG, the African American Club, and NJROTC (Naval Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps) joined together in the ceremony representing Passaic High School.

Against the backdrop of the morning sky, the fluttering flags served as symbols of freedom and diversity, embodying the rich tapestry of the American experience.

Each organization lent its voice to the proceedings, honoring the legacy of resilience and contribution that has shaped the nation’s history. With each carefully choreographed movement, they paid homage to the ancestors who paved the way for progress.

The flag raising ceremony at Passaic City Hall was more than just a symbolic gesture; it was a testament to the strength of community and the enduring spirit of America. Through their participation, SWAG, the African American Club, and NJROTC exemplified the best of what it means to be citizens of this great nation – diverse yet united, proud yet humble, and always striving towards a brighter future for all.