The Hilltop Star Online

The Student News Site of Passaic High School

The Hilltop Star Online

The Hilltop Star Online

Wellness Warriors: Passaic High School Excels at Teen Summit

On Friday, May 31st, Passaic High School’s Teen Pep members attended the Teen Summit at William Paterson University, transforming into true Wellness Warriors. They engaged in team-building activities and eagerly awaited the results of this year’s video PSA contest, created in collaboration with PHS’s Film & Television 2 students.

The Passaic County Teen Summit, held biannually in the spring and fall, gathers 250 high school students from each of the county’s 25 high schools. This powerful event is sponsored by the Passaic County Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, United for Prevention in Passaic County, the Executive County Superintendent of Schools office, the Passaic County Teen Summit Committee, and the Lindsey Meyer Teen Institute (LMTI).

At the summit, LMTI focuses on mental health and wellness, offering comprehensive leadership training and engaging team-building activities. These sessions empower youth with the skills needed to implement community-level changes, such as creating impactful public service announcements (PSAs) on mental health. Through these efforts, the Wellness Warriors of Passaic High School are equipped to champion mental health and wellness in their communities.